The Land of Oz, a children's delight


Land of Oz

Oz stories (a series of 14 books) are a wonderful and absolutely adventurous series recommended to children to be read. I had also been told by my mother that these stories are worth reading. So, I got the first book of the series from my school library. I was in 7th standard and I had completed this book in 7 days (of course because I was not such an avid reader back then). The story which I read was about a girl named Dorothy with her dog Toto. It was about a magical and fictional place, which no one knew about called the Land of Oz. Dorothy and Toto landed up in this place ( how, let it be a surprise for you all to read). I actually enjoyed the fact that this place was full of magic and wonderful creatures no one could ever have thought about.

The author, Mr. Frank Baum had written in almost every book that maybe this would be the last book of this series. But, fan base of this series, the children forced him to keep writing more books by giving him ideas and suggestions about how he could venture ahead. By reading those lines, I was spellbound by seeing the children’s interest in this book.

Seeing this note, one of the children had written a letter asking him if they could now know about Oz by using a telegraph because he had magically sealed the Land of Oz.

If you have not read the story, it’s not a big problem. I  am going to tell you a little about my favourite characters in the whole Oz series.

1. 1.  First character I loved was ‘Ozma’ who was the female ruler of this world. She was actually made into a boy by a witch called Mombi, but soon everyone knew about her real self and were told that she was actually the ruler. She was one of the most generous people I have heard of. Though she is a little strict about breaking of rules, but if you have not done any crime (according to the rules of Oz ) then she will surely make be a good friend of yours.

2.  Second one was ‘The Crooked Magician’ whose real name was Dr. Pipt. He had invented the Powder of Life. Whenever it is sprinkled on anything, that thing will come to life. This I thought was a superb invention. It takes six years to brew this potion.

3.  Toto is also a very cute character. He was a pet dog who lived with Dorothy. The one thing which I adored a lot in him was ‘obedience’. For I had never seen such an obedient dog. He loved his master and Dorothy also cared about him a lot.

4. There are some other fascinating characters which were exceptional like Tiktok, Billina the hen, The Tin Woodman, The Glass Cat etc.

I am sure after reading this blog, you must have gained interest in this magical and wonderful place created by Mr. Frank Baum. So I would like to recommend this series to all my friends. If you liked this blog, feel free to comment below.


 

Comments

  1. After reading your blog, am now really willing to read these books... 😄
    Keep writing 😊👍....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing and Unbelievable facts about Books

A wonderful fantasy, fiction novel ( For young adults )